Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Song of the Day...a couple of days ago.

This is a Song of the Day I posted on Tumblr a couple of days back. It's pretty bare bones and sloppy compared to what I have in mind, but it's a basic example.


The song of the day was definitely “The Meddler” from none other than Chevelle. I have a long storied history with Chevelle, starting with getting my first car. Many summer nights spent cruising to their stellar second and third albums. I have come to put a lot of faith in them over the years and I have yet to be disappointed.

I listened to “The Meddler” pretty much on repeat today and for the first time since their 3rd album (This Type of Thinking…Could do us In) I got that old nostalgic Chevelle feeling again. Something “Vena Sera” and “Sci-Fi Crimes” didn’t quite do, although they are great albums by their own right, they had their own vibe going for them. So while I’m not going to call “Hats Off to the Bull” a return to form quite yet as I still have to get a feel for the album as a whole, “Face to the Floor” and “The Meddler” definitely put me closer to the days of old than it’s two predecessors. Hats off to you, Chevelle.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about this band, but never actually listened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, I am so sorry... I literally did not see this until after I posted mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty straight forward rock/metal with their song structures, but they definitely have their own sound.

    ReplyDelete