Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Hawk's Nest - Part 1




1. Lunar Aurora - Andacht (2007)
I would explain this one, but just go to the page I already posted on the blog to see my thoughts.



2. Nameless Coyote - Devoured by the Swirling Night (2011)
See description for 1.



3. Adversarial - All Idols Fall Before the Hammer (2009)
The main thing to be said about this album is that it's absolutely fucking filthy. It's production is muddy as fuck and people complain about the sound of the snares (since they're high as fuck in the mix), but it matches the album perfectly. Just dirty, dirty death metal from Canada.



4. Death - The Sound of Perseverance (2001)
I really shouldn't have to explain this, considering if you don't know who Death is then you need to hang yourself. But they're the best death metal band to ever walk the earth and The Sound of Perseverance was their last album before their leader, and one of the founders of death metal, Chuck, passed away from brain cancer in 2001. This was by far their most progressive album, but it's towards the top of their discography in terms of quality for me.



5. Fell Voices - Fell Voices (2009)
One of the best black metal bands in the modern scene, along with Ash Borer. Now honestly, this is my least favorite out of all the material this young band has released so far, but it's still incredible. Atmospheric black metal with a mixture of drone and ambient for good measure. If you haven't listened to this band, change that now.

8 comments:

  1. Kinda copying Gmork and Wyankeif's ideas. This is gonna be a daily post of the top 5 (possibly more or less, depending on how the day is going) albums I'm listening to on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little issue: it should be "The Hawk's Nest" w/ an apostrophe. Sorry, I can be a bit of a grammar Nazi with apostrophes :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. Do you actually plan to do 5 albums, each with a short paragraph description, every day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be epic as a daily post, I think I'm changing my idea to song of the week haha.

    ReplyDelete