Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Hawk's Nest - Part 5



1. Senses Fail - Let In Enfold You

Hawks is feeling in a "generic" post-hardcore mood today fellas. Let It Enfold You was one of the first albums I got into from the genre when I was in 7th grade and I still love it now. Every song is catchy as fuck, with my favorite being either Buried a Lie or Irony of Dying On Your Birthday.



2. Of Mice & Men - The Flood

I know my boy Brandon (Spirit) likes this one too. Basically, the same description as the first album on the list. Just extremely catchy post-hardcore, but with more screaming vocals.



3. Memphis May Fire - The Hollow

The Hollow is a little more technical and a tad heavier than the average post-hardcore album. Again though, really catchy stuff with an even mixture of screaming and clean vocals. The cleans are fantastic too.



4. A Skylit Drive - Identity On Fire

I'll start by saying that this band's lead vocalist, Michael Jagmin, had one of the fruitiest voices I've ever heard in music. It's so girly and high-pitched, but somehow, it fits perfectly with the music. Screams are provided by the drummer Cory and the bassist Brian, and while they're not the most powerful harsh vocals in the world, they're a nice contrast to the high-pitched cleans.



5. We Came As Romans - To Plant a Seed

Probably the most generic thing on the list and yes, I'm well aware that everyone hates this band, but I actually enjoy this album. Every now and then I (obviously) like some generic shit like this. I used to listen to this music exclusively when I was younger so it's probably my inner middle school kid coming out...and I'm fine with that lol.

2 comments: